Thursday, June 30, 2011

sew funny.

As I mentioned before I'm the MOH in the upcoming wedding of one of my best friends.

I'm also the MOH from hell. 

I haven't really helped with much of anything.  I don't really understand the need for a big expensive wedding.  I fully intend to elope, have an amazing honeymoon, and throw a kick ass party upon our return (that is if I ever find a man willing to put up with me).

Anyways, the dreaded bridesmaids dress.

I am not a fan of our dress.  The flipping 2-piece style, dark purple, one shoulder, weirdly fitting, characteristically expensive despite how generic it is, stereotypical bridesmaids dress.  Thanks David's Bridal.

They also have long skirts which she requested we have hemmed to tea-length or knee length.  To which after a couple of the girls got theirs hemmed, she realized she didn't want tea-length but decided to declare the length needed to be "mid-knee length."

I suppose it's a good thing I waited until 2 weeks prior to the wedding to go have mine hemmed, because I would have said tea-length just because it sounds prettier.

Realizing I was on a super short time frame, I found a local seamstress (sign on the lawn, yessir!), took down the number, and called her up.

Super thick accent (my guess is Russian, but I'm thinking I might just ask her when I return for my fitting - so stay tuned) and super-sweet.  Told me she'd see me the following morning. 

I drove to her home the following morning beofore work.  She showed me into her sewing room which had a gigantic photo of Marilyn Monroe, over which we bonded on our shared admiration of her.

Me and this lady we're gonna get along just swimmingly.

She left me alone, told me to change, and just to let her know when I was ready.

I changed and opened the door up.

She walked in and ohhh lovely, now when is your prom?

PROM?

Not only is school already out for summer but I'm 26.  I get this dress is foolish and unattractive, but PROM?!

Awesome.

I almost wish I had some desire for a stereotypical wedding just so I could put my friend in an equally unattractive, expensive dress.  Actually no, I don't.  I wouldn't want anyone's photo taken in a dress like this.

It's possible I'm being dramatic.  We'll see what the pictures turn out like.