Friday, June 10, 2011

friday favorites.

Every Friday I browse through a week's worth of National Geographic's Photo of the Day photos.  While I enjoy the majority of the pictures, occasionally one of them will stop me in my tracks.  This photo, taken by Patrice Carlton, in Thailand, did just that, I mean seriously, how flipping cool.

So, I'm kind of new to the wine scene.  Previously I would drink Arbor Mist Blackberry Merlot and call it good.  Then I became hooked on Barefoot Moscato.  When I venture beyond my safe bets, I typically select something based on the name or what the bottle label looks like.  When I stumbled across this article, I was instantly intrigued.  Liquor store, here I come!

I like how Michelle Obama has transformed the first lady stereotype.  She's one of the most recognizable people in the world but yet still manages to maintain some pretty down to earth elements in her life.  Reading about her rebel status made me appreciate this that much more.

Startracks on the People website keeps me in touch with the celebrity world and their attire.  I'm an Emma Watson fan in general and I have to say this dress choice was FANTASTIC.  Kudos, Emma.

I don't watch much tv.  If the tv is on, typically it's on HGTV for the sole purpose of providing me with some background noise.  I will admit that I watch The Bachlorette (I know, I know, but I can't help it!) on Monday nights and thank goodness I do or I would have missed seeing the preview for this new show called Expedition Impossible.  Umm, hi can I PLEASE be on this show!  Definitely planning on tuning in for the series premiere on June 23rd.

And finally, while I enjoyed watching the Royal Wedding and hearing about the romance of Prince William and Kate Middleton, I really held off hopping on the bandwagon of all her fashion choices.  I mean she's definitely gorgeous and made some really great choices but nothing that really stuck with me.  Until now.  This dress is beautiful.  Kinda makes me wish I had a reason to be that dazzled up.

How is it possible I have not heard of Motopony until this morning?!  Love this song.  You NEED to give it a listen.

Side note: my new boyfriend made no moves today.  Disappointing....