Friday, June 3, 2011

friday favorites.

I've decided that each Friday I'll post some of my favorite things I've discovered over the course of the week.  Enjoy!

I have a rehearsal dinner coming up for one of my BFs, and while initially I was gonna bland out my style so as not to upstage her plain jane approach to style (I'm the MOH, so I have to be in front too), I found this dress while browsing and well....blanding out might not be the approach I go for.  A find like this is too amazing:

Sigh, Marilyn Monroe....can you ever go wrong when she's involved?  Take a peek at some of her well known, and not as well known, quotes: <3 Marilyn.

I'm an animal lover (obv considering I have the most amazing dog ever who seems to make animal friends EVERYWHERE).  I stumbled upon these animal adventures and I'm pretty sure I want to sign up for all of them.  Considering I'm contemplating a move to Florida this fall (further discussion in a future post)....I'm pretty sure horse surfing is going to be a must do, immediately.

Browsed through blogs of note this week, and came across turnonthebrightlightss.  Trust me when I say you should check it out, it's really fantastic.

Each day when I get to work, I always check bing to see what the background photo is and read the 4 interesting facts about whatever it is.   On Thursday it was a picture from Latvia:
My romantic side swooned at this whole notion of affixing a padlock to a bridge with your sweetheart after tying the knot.  Hm, if only....

Finally, I photo of mine from a recent trip to Nicaragua.  It makes me smile and remember the awesomeness of it all.