Tuesday, June 14, 2011

fantasy-land.

I threw myself a pity party (I sulked and discarded any existing confidence) on Saturday. 

What set this party in action?  The fact that something failed to happen with my most recent pseudo-boyfriend.

Ridiculous, I know.

But after several failed attempts at finding a nice guy, I allowed myself to get excited about the potential of something, anything.

One of my best friends pointed out that I had a pity party over something that I day-dreamed up.

Realistically, I didn't even know this guy.  Not one thing about him (beyond what I found out through stalking).  Yet, I allowed myself to get caught up in the possibility and created a fantasy-land in my head where we clearly were meant to be.

Fantasy-land is supposed to be a happy place.

When the real world doesn't turn out like your happy place, it's not supposed to affect your actual mood in a negative way. 

Fantasy-land is supposed to be an escape from the negativity of reality. 

Trust me, I know that.  I live the majority of my life with my head in the clouds. 

Now I just need to remember that just because I create something in my mind, it doesn't mean it will happen in real life.

I need to make things happen not just let my mind run away with itself.

Sigh, back to the clouds.