Friday, June 24, 2011

friday favorites.

I'm wiped from this week.  Lobster-fest took a toll on me.  And then being out until 2AM on Tuesday night was an additional kicker.  The endless rain and lack of sun didn't help much either.

Although, I'm pretty happy I went out on Tuesday.  My brother's girlfriend's brother is a friend of mine from high school that I hadn't seen since I can't remember when.  He's now one of those people that is ridiculously cool without an effort or a care in the world.  Fantasy-land commence.

Anyways, Friday.  Hells ya.

Heidi Klum, can I please have your closet?  Maybe your body too.  Also, if Leni could teach me that hair flipping method I'd be grateful.


I'm not sure how many of you have checked out the blogs I follow, but The Barefoot Foodie, is supremely hilarious.  She's also poignant and can totally hit the nail on the head.  As soon as she posts, I'm on there because I love all that she writes.  Her post from today on marriage while completely cracking me up, also made me think: If you write the script for your own romance, you'll almost never be disappointed.  Thought provoking and entirely true.  I'm a sucker for chick flicks and delightful romance novels but I also feel like I'm consistently comparing reality to the potential of what could be, based on those things.  However, I'm pretty sure I can't write a script....maybe I'll leave that to fate.

Who doesn't love a donut?  Now pass me a superdonut
immediately so I can fill my face.  YUM.

So I posted previously about a lovely dress from asos
for an upcoming rehearsal dinner.  Well I missed the boat on that one considering they sold out of my size.  Potential option to be considered?  I think so.

I like to consider my style kinda boho-chic, hippie-tomboy (yes I came up with that all on my own).  And when I track down a site suited to this style, I typically jump for joy, especially if it's affordable unique attire.  Check out Mexicali Blues.  I'm pretty sure I just became even more inefficient at work.

One of my bestest friends in the world is a fantastic and successful waitress (something I will be striving to be once I move to Florida).  I'm wondering if she would have some of the same dating tips
.

Bing
gave me my final picture to post.  It's of sunset over the Pacific from the International Space Station, credit given to NASA.  Pretty freaking amazing.

Have a lovely weekend - I'll be back in gear next week, promise.