Friday, June 17, 2011

friday favorites.

Alright, so I was up and at 'em this morning.  Went for a walk with my dog after my breakfast and got caught in a rain storm 2 miles away from my house. 

Fear not, I did not let some rain dampen my spirits.  I will push forth with this positive attitude.

I don't watch hockey or any other sport, for that matter.  But I still feel inclined to post this picture because a team that accomplishes something like winning the Stanley Cup, deserves recognition.


So I currently have feather hair extensions in my hair.  And I am OBSESSED, I love them.  It's just something a little different that's not that noticeable but still cool.  My sister mentioned that the new up-and-coming thing was tinsel hair extensions.  WHAT?!  That sounded kind of tacky to me.  Then, as we went to a new salon to get our feathers changed out, I realized the hair dresser had tinsel extensions in her hair.  NOT TACKY AT ALL.  Supremely cool.  Noticeable only when the light hit her hair, so it like glistened.  It was amazing.  I'm not sure I could pull off this trend on a day-to-day basis, but it might be something to consider for an extremely fantabulous night out.  I looked up some photos online so you can get the gist of what this looks like.

Alright, so wacky unusual summer events.  Clearly this is something to be explored.  After doing just that I found an article on the top 10 wacky summer events.  I must say the Summer Redneck Games looks hilarious and totally fun.  I would definitely skip the bobbing for pigs feet (blech!) but the rest of it, well a little dirt never hurt.

Jake Owen.  Thank you. 
I
LOVE it.

Even though I'm single and reading about couples and their happiness can make me want to pull out my hair and scream, I actually enjoyed skimming through
what guys find sexy.

I saw the movie Bridesmaids
a couple of weeks ago and loved it.  Mind you, the lead character, well her name more or less rhymes with my name.  The similarities don't stop there.  I'm a mess just like she is.  And I'm pretty certain I'm a shitty MOH.  Then I found a site designated to helping MOH's!  Now about that damn toast....

A National Geographic Photo of the Day
pick by me.  This one was taken by Christian Vizl while Cave Diving in the Yucatan Peninsula.  Wow.

And finally, Bing came through with another stunner.  This one is of Thor's Well, on the Oregon Coast taken by Chris Mullins.  I've been drooling to for an Oregon trip anyways, and I think that trip just became even more necessary.

My work day ended early, and one of the guys in the kitchen snuck some cake into a take-out container for me.  Obviously filled my face on the drive home.  Lovely completion to my Friday!