Friday, September 2, 2011

whirl-wind.

Ups & downs, galore.

Let's begin with last week.

I went on an interview with my dog for volunteering on a children's unit.

Following the interview, me and my sister went out and got sandwiches for dinner, ice cream for dessert, and took a stroll on the beach.

Which was the best stroll ever, considering it was my dog's first time on the beach.  HILARIOUS. 

He had a flippin' ball.  Running in fear from the waves and attempting sprinting while sinking in the sand.  The two of us almost peed our pants laughing.

The next morning he woke up, and couldn't eat, drink, or open his mouth.

That afternoon we had an emergency vet visit.

Which led to the scheduling of emergency mouth surgery the following morning.

He had an infected abscess in the back left side of his mouth.  He was a sorry case, let me tell you.

And then yes, 8 pills a day for a dog that just had mouth surgery.  Now that effing makes a girl's life simple.

He got to the point of refusing to take anything I offered.  In fact he wouldn't even come near my hands.

He went a few days refusing food entirely, so then we re-supplied on pain meds, and we are slowly making a come-back.

On-to Saturday night.

My sister was going to be attending a photo-shoot and asked if I wanted to come along and hang out.

Mmm, ok.  Sure

So we went to this artist's studio, who was fucking amazing, honestly it was stop you in your tracks paintings.

We hung out with a few other girls, had some wine, and then the conversation suddenly turned to including me in the photos.  Pray-tell what?  Mind you I strolled in in jeans, moccasins, and a simple tee.  These girls were in their heels and dresses.  Fantastic, I fit right in, obv.

So I drank some more wine and said, sure I'd give it a go.  So I put on an extra black dress my sister had packed, another girl's heels, and had my make-up done up.

Then I was pulled in front of the camera for a shot with the artist who asked me to look up at him, and then kissed me.

KISSED ME I TELL YOU.  AND HELD IT FOR PHOTOS.

FUCK, what did I get myself into.

Mind you the artist was in his mid-late 50s, if not 60s.

The night was a whirl-wind of adventure.  My sister and I had a bunch of shots taken together, which was fun. 

Over-all it was a really cool experience.  I can't wait to see the photos.

Let me add in here, that the artist told me I was the answer to all his dreams.  Yes, me.

He now wants to wine-me and dine-me.  In fact he asked how I would deal with his world-wide fame.  Considering he's doing a painting right now for Lionel Ritchie which could ultimately result in me meeting my fashion idol, Nicole....I would deal just fine thank you.

However, he has like 40 years on me.

Could I possibly be that much of a gold digger?

He's invited me out on a date already, I put it off.  So opinions on this would be greatly accepted.  What would you do?! 

Then Monday morning arrived, and with it, a job offer in Yellowstone National Park in MT.

Fucking AMAZEBALLS.

Only the answer to all my dreams, duh.

Small town at the entrance of the national park, cowboys, horses, and wide open spaces = my heart.

They offered slightly more than I'm making now (which with what I make now, I fall deeper and deeper into debt).

They found me an apartment that I could rent on a month-to-month basis, 1 mile from the office, and they even said I could bring my dog to work.

Honestly, hello dream world.

After a week of torment over this decision and ultimate how could I not take this opportunity clarity, I sat down with my Dad to put together a spreadsheet of expenses, etc. to see how it could work.

I have zero savings, a lot of debt & bills, and my parents help me out monthly.

With what this position was offering as a salary, I would be in the exact same financial situation just across the country.

FUCK ME.

I called them today asking for more money.  They can't do it.

I fucking hate being an adult and making "responsible" decisions.

I'm probaly going to be kicking myself in the face for quite a lengthy period of time over this.

Minimally, I need to drink copious amounts of wine.

Immediately.