Wednesday, September 21, 2011

elevator issues.

Friday night was wine night with two of my friends. 

By wine night I mean I drank an entire bottle of wine, a couple bottles of beer, and with their encouragement proceeded to facebook wall post an absurd amount of things and text like 15 people all at the same time. 

Solid choices.

I went to bed at 2AM and woke up at 6:30AM, laid around feeling like death, and then eventually forced myself to move and made it to my soccer team's team breakfast a half hour late.  At which all the girl's ragged on me (seeing as they are in high school, I'm pretty sure they know I'm a mess).  It was awesome.

I then skipped out of coaching the game (I co-coach you see, so I can do things like that, phew).

I ran home, walked the dog, took a shower, packed up all my bags filled with a ridiculous amount of clothes and shoes, and drove to a photo shoot.

A photo shoot that was set to begin at 1PM.  Seeing as the make-up artist set this up and the photographer was cutting me like a $600 break, I decided to be early (weird).

I arrived at 10 of 1.  I called my sister.

She was due to arrive at 1:30PM (really?!).

I called the make-up artist, no answer.  I tried 3 more times.  Still no answer.

I didn't want to be rude to the photographer so I decided that since I was nearing the point of pants peeing I should head inside this old warehouse, find a bathroom and his studio.

I went in and hopped in the elevator seeing as I knew his studio was on the 4th floor.

Up the elevator went and upon reaching the 4th floor it stopped.  I waited for the doors to open.

Only they didn't open, they just made a noise like they were opening and then closing.

Hm, well ok.  Let's try this again.

So I hit the door open button once more.

Same thing, just noises....no door movement.

I start to mildly panic.

Seriously I'm in an old warehouse turned studio situation and I'm stuck in the elevator.  WTF.

After several minutes of what the hell am I going to do.

I tried the open door button one more time.

This time I realized the doors were opening behind me. 

Like you walk in the elevator, it goes up, and you get out on the other side.

Honestly, I'm like a mother fucking brainiac.

I found the bathroom after wandering around the building and then I found the studio, which was empty.

No photographer, no make-up artist, no sister.

I went and sat in my car and waited.

Eventually everyone arrived and the shoot started at around 2:30PM.

It was a good thing I busted my ass to get there on time.