Thursday, September 22, 2011

friday favorites.

I know it's not Friday.  I'm a nutter but I do know the day of the week.

But considering I took tomorrow off since I have an interview with my dog for volunteering and my BFF is here from Florida, I decided I should probaly write this now.  I mean technically it is my Friday.

First up, Skittles Vodka.   Never had it before but I just made it.  Tomorrow night is dinner with my BFF, her BF, his friend from FL, my other BF that lives here, and her hubby (did you get all that?!).  My BFF and her entourage leave to go back to FL on Sunday, so I figure Skittles Vodka will be a good send-away drink after our dinner.  I'm hoping it's as good as it sounds.

Mega hard swoon.  None other than Ryan Gosling, obviously.  New movie being made (seriously he's owning the big screen right now!) and here are some pics with the co-stars.  SWOON, sigh.

Alright, so I'm sure you've all heard of, or belong to, those websites where you get great deals on like designer duds, etc.  Well, HELLO zozi....all adventure type deal shiz-nit!  Obvs signed up immediately.

So last week, my coworker said he watched this tv show The New Girl.  He said it made him somewhat uncomfortable to watch it due to the fact he felt like it was ME on the screen.  So I watched the premiere on Tuesday night, OBSESSED.  Honestly, minus the crying bit - it's like watching me.  For example - this conversation might as well be a conversation someone had with me:

Nick: Or I could pretend to be more like you, Jess, and live on a sparkly rainbow, driving a unicorn around and just sing all the time.
Jess: Yeah — I think you should sing all the time.
Nick: No — I was being mean! I'm not going to do that, Jess.
Jess: Why not? It's fun!

FUCKING ROCKS and I mean hey - maybe I'll even learn something about myself from it.  You never know.

Simple and true.


This picture from Bing of Laguna Quilotoa, in the Andes Mountains, in Ecuador, is amazing.  Ecuador just made my must travel to list.


Rose Bryne, this dress is superb.  It wasn't getting much votes in favor of it on the People website....but I'm totally digging it.

Alright, so I know this song isn't new.  BUT IT IS SO BEYOND STUCK IN MY HEAD.  Nicki Minaj, Super Bass.  I want to have a dance party NOW.  And then maybe meet a boy that makes my heartbeat run away.  Just sayin'.

I have a list of 42 things I want to accomplish in my life.  On that list is sleep in a castle.  So this article on castle hotels is VERY pertinent.

This photo by Wilfried Niedermayr on National Geographic Photo Of the Day is soo cool.  It's sharks in the Bahamas, but the whole half in the water, half out makes it awesome.

And finally, I just like this a lot.

I'm probaly going to drink too much this weekend, once more, as it really appears to be a continuing theme in my life lately.  But I'm going to have a damn good time doing it. 

Enjoy it peoples.