Wednesday, August 3, 2011

friends.

I stumbled upon this Le Love blog today.  I know it's probaly something I should have shared on my Friday faves, but I couldn't wait that long. 


It's that good.


After distracting myself from work for a pretty steep amount of time, and pouring over the images, quotes, and stories, I stumbled onto this entry on best friends.


While I'm sure you don't all click the links I provide, you should check this one out. 


But if you don't feel inclined (sigh, disappointment from my end), here's an excerpt:


this one goes out to all the best friends in the world. The ones that smile for you when you excitedly fall in love with some new, unknown boy. The ones that sit through a pack of cigarettes with you at two to five in the morning listening to you cry about said boy who cheated on you even though they've got to be up at six for work. The ones that take time off work / school just for a little naughty afternoon shopping and eating on weekday. The ones who drag you to social events just to distract you from a broken heart. The ones who respond to every facebook, every twitter status update, just so you don't feel so alone and ignored. The ones who recognize you have a right to feel as shitty as you do about the boy who hurt you even though they'd spent the last two years telling you he was nothing but trash, the ones who don't tell you you're a fool, the ones who tell you you've a right to hurt. Because they're also the ones who have the strength and the love enough to tell you to snap out of it, that he was never worth it, because they're also the ones who have the courage to be honest enough to tell you you'd be a fool to take the manipulative creep back.

and furthermore:


Friends never betray each other. We fight, sometimes. We disagree. We laugh at each other. But friends, friends are something else altogether. Friends are God's way of saying: here, I know it's tough trying to find your soulmate, but here are some other people you know for sure you can count on forever. They're like family, but better because they love you without the moral obligation attached.

I don't tell my friends enough how grateful I am to have them.


But I am grateful.


I'm beyond lucky to have the friends I do.