Friday, July 29, 2011

friday favorites.

Yesterday I took my dog and Mr. Stubborn Bassett Hound for a walk down to the river.  I was perched on a rock attempting to take some photos of the two of them in the water, when Mr. Stubborn himself decided to maneuver himself up on my perch.  I shifted and slipped a bit to get out of the way, when clunk - splash.

It couldn't be.  Well yes, I think it might.

My smartphone, to the bottom of the river, playing so happily in the current. 

Goodbye smartphone, hello Zack Morris throwback.

Despite this, I'm as happy as a kid with pop-rocks that today is Friday. 

And as for my favorites, well here you go:

Ryan Gosling, I'm quite sure if we EVER encountered, we could fall madly in love.  For a number of reasons, but the top one: you love your dog lots and lots.

I'm often referred to as a hippie, or hippie-esque (considering I have yet to truly fully immerse myself in the culture).  But I really dig this blog on Why the Hippies Were Right.  It really breaks down how I see things for the most part.  For instance this ending:

Why were the Hippies Right? Simple….because they cared for the people. Because they didn’t hesitate to stand up and fight for their brothers and sisters. Because they knew it was up to them to make a difference and they met that challenge head on. You have to be the change you want to see in the world! 

I really like Emma Watson's style, even though I'm generally more of a Nicole Richie combined with an Olsen twin type of fashion embracer, and this photo gallery really shows the fashion changes she's undergone since she hit the scene.

Must create epic dive to submit to Leisure Dive.  If you haven't heard of it, check it out, so fun.  This one titled the Teton Shadow Dive, is way cool.

Being the grown-up the kid in you always wanted, enough said.  I read this a while back, but it was a necessary re-visit.

To wrap it up, not one, but two Bing choices.

First, I have to do it because I was there in 2007, and that to me screams amazing-ness.  Machu Picchu, fuck yes.

And this second one because well who doesn't love donkeys and Ireland.  AKA must plan trip as soon as financially possible.

While it's cloudy and overcast here, I'm hoping it drifts off for this evening in time to catch the double meteor shower.  If you can, catch it.

Otherwise, enjoy your weekend.  Me and my Zack Morris special are taking off elsewhere