Friday, August 12, 2011

friday favorites.

I'm in a fantabulous mood - as I often am after epiphanies and mornings filled with radient sunshine and mellow temperatures.

So dance like you mean it & here are my fave finds from the past week.
Ironic that I stumbled upon that quote today - and my daily single horoscope is:

Be open to change.  Half the fun of being single is trying out different things and having new experiences.  Throw caution to the wind and do the unexpected.  Don't ask permission to have some fun.

As I was strolling along this morning, with a beaming smile on my face, it dawned on me that seriously every single day you should do something that makes you happy and that you absolutely love.  You can't risk waiting for tomorrow, besides what is the point of waiting?  At least make a point of having a piece of each day so completely totally worth it.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, OBV.  Who doesn't love ice cream, honestly?  America's best ice cream cities, yes & please.

Ryan Gosling, I've said it before and I'll say it again....can we please have an unexpected encounter and fall uncontrollably in love?  Please?

This article was forwarded to me by my Executive Director, By Helping a Girl Testify at a Rape Trial, a Dog Ignites a Legal Debate.  I think allowing a dog in the courtroom to help a trauma victim testify is an amazing thing.

I know I have mentioned the meteor shower thing a couple of times, but boom: I'm bringing it up again.  Perseid meteor shower, high action tonight.  Check it out if you can.

I'm a HUGE Kate Moss fan.  And I didn't post about her wedding admist all the hustle and bustle of it, but I stumbled upon this picture today and I must include it here.

I love that some animals are monogamous for life, penguins for example.  It just makes me happy to know that.  And well, bing had a background of another monogamous species: the adorable Damara dik-dik.

Bing had another stunner with this one of the Palouse Hills in Washington State.

New shopping site alert!  Sosie, amazzzing find.  Check it out.

Alright, so how is it I didn't know about this until 50 days in?!  Read this story of a large female gray whale that has now resided in Northern California's Klamath River for 50 days.  She had a calf with her originally, but the calf has since left and swam out to the ocean.  If you want to see additional photos, check out this blog.  This is a great shot, but also check out the one of the paddleboarder who played ukelele to her.

A National Geographic Photo of the Day is my final find.  The photo was taken by Stephanie Sinclair.  The caption beneath the photo is what really struck a chord:

Nujood Ali was ten when she fled her abusive, much older husband and took a taxi to the courthouse in Sanaa, Yemen.  The girl's courageous act—and the landmark legal battle that ensued—turned her into an international heroine for women's rights.  Now divorced, she is back home with her family and attending school again.

Ten years old and ready and willing to stand up for herself.  I love that she looks as happy as she does here, she deserves that.

Enjoy your weekend friends!