Saturday, July 2, 2011

I shouldn't be in charge of my own finances, among other things.

Considering I left my last post with a photo of fireworks and signed off with well wishes for the 4th, you would think it would be safe to assume I wasn't going to post until after the weekend.

Too much happened already.  If I waited until Monday, the post would have been agonizingly long and some of you might have dozed off while reading it.

So instead, here I am on a Saturday evening.

To start off let's discuss bills.  I HATE them (realistically, who doesn't).  The majority of mine are set to automatic pay because otherwise I'm continuously late because I hate bothering with them.

I have propane heat for where I live currently.  This winter was a doozy and I went through an awful lot.  I paid the bills as they came.  And then weirdly the bills kept coming, even after winter was already over.

I was suspicious about how I kept owing more and more despite the fact that I kept paying them.  It got to the point where I wasn't even paying the bill in full, but rather just parts of it each month.

I got a $300 bill from them yesterday.  I was astonished and rather dismayed.

Then I saw the - sign.  WTF does that mean?

I brought the bill to my parents house for an explanation.  Low and behold I have overpaid my bill by $300. 

Really?!  Who thought it was a good idea to think I could be an independent adult?

Sigh.  I'm unsure on whether or not to consider it a savings account with my propane company or request a check back.

This morning I woke up with a plan of enjoy the day, clean like a crazy lady, and hike up a mountain this evening to view fireworks from all over.

It was gorgeous and sunny, so considering it was around 9AM and I was unsure of my true plans I opted to just put on my bikini.  It made the most sense considering the weather.

Then I decided well, I'll just go outside for a bit.

Then, well my dog wants to head down that path.  Let me just grab my crocs.

This meander down the path turned into an hour long hike down by the river in a bikini and crocs.

I suppose it still made sense.  I mean what if I got real hot and needed to cool off?

After I got back, my sister called asking if I wanted a pedicure.  OF COURSE I want a pedicure.  My feet look like they are peeling off from my Nicaragua trip through the jungle in knee high rubber boots with 95 degree heat.

So, I do a quick change head to my parent's house and hop in my sister's car.  I figure I'll be back home in like approx. an hour.

I sit in the pedicure chair the lady looks at my feet.  Are conversation went a bit like follows:

Can I please offer you the complete spa pedicure treatment?

That bad huh?

Yea, they are pretty horrible.  I haven't seen someone's feet this bad in a long time.

Well, uhhh thanks.  I suppose I'll go with give me the works. 

Now I have lovely pastel purple toe-nails and peeling skin free feet.  Let's see how long this lasts.

So we headed for my parent's house. 

As we were outside talking with my brother and his girlfriend a young fox hobbled through the backyard.  It had clearly been hit by a car (you bastards!) and had a leg that was bobbling along.

I pointed out that if we left it there it was going to significantly suffer or someone was going to call animal control, which in town entails an old man with a shot gun.

Obviously it's best chance of survival was if we caught it and I brought it to the wildlife clinic.  Which I had brought an injured red squirrel to about a year ago - and I can only offer positive feedback, seriously they are amazing!

We dragged out an old dog crate, laid down some blankets, aired out my Jeep so it wasn't scorching, and prepared for the catch.

My brother put on his motorcycle jacket, he figured it couldn't bite through that.  My sister grabbed a long stick.  His girlfriend headed the opposite way to help corral the fox.  I spent the time on the phone organizing with the clinic to get someone on the wildlife team in there by the time we got there.

My brother caught him, we loaded him up, draped a sheet over the crate, blasted the a/c, and headed off for an hour drive with a nearly empty tank of gas and a serious need to pee.

I had a serious struggle with driving absurdly slow, avoiding every bump, and seriously making sure we weren't going to crap out of gas on the side of the road.

But alas, we arrived.

We checked him in the crate and he was curled up on the blankets.  So me and my sister each took a side and carefully carried him into the clinic and put him in extremely competent hands. 

After which I tore ass down the hallway to find the bathroom.  Then we hoped in my on "e" car and drove off in search of a nearby gas station.

So my easy-breezy day turned into a flippin' nutter of a day.  Per usual I suppose.

Anyways, now I'm off to hike up a mountain and catch some fireworks from afar with my dog.

Think some positive thoughts for the fox, he was in real rough shape.