Thursday, January 19, 2012

thought for thursday.

A friend of mine asked me last night what it is that I want to do.

I without a doubt can't accurately answer that question because I haven't the slightest idea.

Then I stumbled upon a few quotes that answer that question for me:

"I don't know what I want to do with my life, I just know I want to do it.  I want to see my world.  I want to meet every single person breathing on this earth.  I want to give everyone a hug or a handshake and I want to make someone's life a little easier.  I want to be different than the people I know because that's what makes us beautiful."

"I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up, but I do know that someday I want to live in a house filled with my books and travel souvenirs.  And the walls that aren't covered in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends.  When I leave my house I will be going to a job I love, and I'll return to a person I love.  So, that's my dream I'm working on."

and my personal favorite:

"She's one of those girls who doesn't know what she's doing, but she wants to know everything will be worth it one day.  She isn't amazing at one thing, just good at a lot of things, and that's all she'll ever be.  She wishes she could be different, but she lives her life to the fullest anyway.  All she truly needs is love to keep her sane.  She looks at her world like it's a book, with pages being read every day.  She's her own worst enemy and hardest critic.  She knows she has flaws and tries to accept them, even though she knows she never fully will.  More than anything, though, she just wants to make a difference one day, and she wants someone to remember her name."

and well, that's that.