Friday, January 20, 2012

friday favorites.

I'm probaly definitely going to be a nervous nelly all day.

My bro and gf left for snowboarding first thing this morning, leaving me with the fire and his dog.

I said eff the fire and turned on the oil instead and took the dogs for a frolic in the fresh snow.

Upon return and prior to me leaving - someone hurled and my dog cried when I went to roll him over.

The last time my dog cried he required emergency surgery on his mouth.

Panic all day?  I say yes.

But alas - onwards to the favorites.

To start off several National Geographic Photos of the Day.

Growing up my whole dream was to relocate to Iceland and have an Icelandic pony.  So this picture by Marketa Kalvachova of horses in Iceland, well I love it and I want one.

I'm obsessed with the night sky, there really isn't anything that can compare to the amazing-ness of it.  One of my favorite times to be outside is late, late at night when the sky is crystal clear - including running a couple miles down a dark trail after 9PM.  So I'm obviously loving this photo by Chris Cannucciari of a Stargazer in Lake Malawi.

I love Argentina and it's totally on my list of places to go.  And this photo by Chris Schmid of the Iguazu Falls on the Brazil-Argentina border, makes me want to go explore the country that much more.

And my final pick from the photos of the day were these Elephants in Uganda by Joel Sartore.  LOVE elephants.

I'm kinda obsessed with the Rihanna "We Found Love" song.  And last night upon youtubing covers of the song, I found this version by Boyce Avenue.  I totally dig it and you should totally check it out.

You should make these Mint Creme Oreo Stuffed Fudge Cookies before the mint oreos are gone.  So effing good.

America's least expensive cities in 2012?  So there.  Somehow, maybe a little bit, kind of aligns itself with the Top 10 Cities for Dating.

Soooo, American Idol is totally one of my guilty obsessions.  And I love having my opinions and then seeing what others have to say - this blog for instance is something I look forward to reading the next day.

And now for a little Bing love.

First this picture of Blue Lake in New Zealand almost makes me tempted to go there.  It's all the poisonous animals that's holding me back.

Now, this picture of the village of Reine in Norway, makes me reconsider Scotland and potentially decide on a me & dogster relocation to Norway.

Soooo, I really wanted a new signature scent (not that I don't love my Calvin Klein Euphoria, because I do) - but I wanted something different.  And I was beyond skeptical to purchase a scent online but then I stumbled upon this Peace Love and Patchouli perfume oil by TenDigitCreations.  Really it was the fact that it noted it smelled like patchouli and peppermint leaf (I was thinking I would smell like a hippie at Woodstock who was chewing some mint gum) that made me take the plunge and I'm so happy I did!  I love it, totally my new signature scent and I just keep smelling myself.  Although the 10% discount code they have going on right now makes me tempted to test out another scent, Hippie Nights perhaps?

Also can we please discuss how amaze-balls Emma Stone is?  Golden Globes, ummmm her belt fucking kicked so much arse (an eagle, seriously?!) and her hair and make-up = totally bananas.

Anyways - happy Friday or something & enjoy your weekend!