Monday, October 3, 2011

pbr part 1.

To say I love the PBR (and I'm talking professional bull riding, definitely not pabst blue ribbon which makes my stomach hurt so I refuse to drink it, I don't care that it's the hipster beer of now), is an understatement.  Obsessed is more appropriate.

It wasn't always this way though.

My sister was a huge fan all through high school, in the fan club and all.  I teased her endlessly about this and refused to watch it on tv.

Then one year she called me wasted at 2AM after being at one of the events.  Twigs - can you call Mom and Dad, I'm not coming home!  I can't drive.  We met all the cowboys at the bar!

Cowboys, excuuuuuse me.  Now you know these professional cowboys - well la-di-da.

So several months later, the PBR came back to the east coast.  At this time I was in a shit-ass terrible dark spot relationship and my sister said I don't care what you want, you are coming to the event.

So I drove out to the venue and went.

And wouldn't you know, it was effing amazeballs!

It was an adrenaline rush from the stands and completely captured my attention.

Cowboys, damn it, are smokin' hot and tough as nails.

Plus we were old enough to go to the bars after the event, a la after party - can you say yes!

Which is where we met all the cowboys and I looked into the eyes of not one of the riders, but of one of the workers of the Pike Power Team (the guys who get the bulls ready, open gates, etc.).

Swoon as soon as he opened his mouth, of course.

He invited me to go grab food with his buddy, which I declined, because seriously I was in a relationship, duh. 

I regretted this decision for months and stalked him endlessly through facebook, especially considering my relationship ended like days later.

This story is incredibly PG and realistically, it's just an introduction about how PBR hooked me, and hooked me hard.

Because trust me this story is vanilla....but my love affair with PBR was just beginning.

And the crazy was just beginning.