Friday, December 23, 2011

friday favorites.

I've been a complete Scrooge and really totally lacked in any Christmas spirit posting and for that I apologize.

For some reason (maybe the lack of snow?) I've really kind of missed the mark with Christmas spirit this year.

But I am completely looking forward to being with my family all weekend.

Anyways, on to the favorites.

First up from National Geographic Photo of the Day: a girl with a kite in India, taken by Simon Christen, love it.

And then this one of Upper Yosemite Falls, California, taken by Andrew Coffing.  WANT TO GO.

Went to go see The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo last night.  OBSESSED with the books is an understatement, and generally I don't like movies based off of books, I get all sorts of frustrated with the differences, etc....but the director did an awesome job with this movie.  Lisbeth Salandar kicks so much fucking arse.

I'm a huge fan of well done street art, and well, here is a slideshow of the 10 best street art works.  Check 'em out.

Because smiling is my favorite - here's some rationale behind why you should all smile more :)

Dr. Seuss love, obvs.

And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so?  It came without ribbons.  It came without tags.  It came without packages, boxes or bags.  And he puzzled and puzzled 'till his puzzler was sore.  Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.  What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store.  What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more.


Winter landscape in Bavaria, Germany....photo via bing.

Happy Holidays - remember the reason for the season and enjoy your Christmas this weekend!